Required Documents for Customs Clearance
In order to clear your personal effects shipment through Japanese customs, we require the following documents. Please refer to the table below.
1) Copy of your Passport (High Resolution)
※please take photo copy to be able to see whole page
2) Japan Customs Form ORIGINAL with Customs Stamp
- Japan Customs Forms C No.5360 (Japanese version) and C No.5360-B (English version) are available on all aircraft coming to Japan. Ask your flight attendant for two (2) forms to complete.
- Please complete both forms in exactly the same manner.
- On Question #3. Do you have Unaccompanied Articles? Check YES and write-in the total number of packages in your air and sea shipments.
- After picking up your suitcases from the luggage carousel, give BOTH forms to the customs officer and tell the Customs officer that you have Unaccompanied Baggage and a shipment coming. You only have this one chance.
- The Customs officer will stamp BOTH forms and keep one form. The form that s/he hands back to you will be the one we use to clear your personal effects shipment. Failure to complete the form and have it certified by Customs will result in delays.
- The Customs stamp MUST show the same date as your entry date into Japan.
- The form will not be accepted if there is no Customs stamp, and you will not be able to declare after entering Japan.
If you fail to apply and obtain the Customs stamp on Form C No.5360-B, please contact our coordinator.